Children are naturally curious and easily take great joys in the simple pleasures of life. As parents and educators, we can take advantage of this to accelerate their language learning experience.
Here are a few innovative ways to get children excited about learning:
1. Encourage them to write a few short stories on their own, then guide them to illustrate characters or scenes from these stories. After that is done, print everything out and use staples to bind the pages together to create a book. Show off the masterpiece to visiting family and friends and watch your children beam with pride!
2. Pick a suitable song from a children’s movie they have not yet watched and work with them to memorize the lyrics. Once they are comfortable singing the song on their own, surprise them by playing that movie one evening. They will be excited to be able to follow along when the songs they know start playing.
3. Read short stories with your children, then have them illustrate interesting characters from the stories. Make sure they put some extra time and effort into these illustrations. Now send those designs off to a custom kids t-shirts printing service. Watch their excitement the day the apparel arrives in the mail and they recognize their artwork on it.
4. Many anime cartoons are very interesting for children. However, they are not in the English language. This presents an excellent opportunity. Have your children improve their language abilities by being forced to read subtitles in order to follow the series!
5. In the same theme of cartoons, good comics can be found in the English language. These have bright colors and rather simple storylines. Classics like Titin make excellent reading choices for children. Children will enjoy the content they consume while improving their vocabulary and sentence constructions capabilities.
While there is a place for rote learning, educators should take every opportunity that presents itself to make learning fun. Doing so will undoubtedly allow the child to learn faster and make the overall teaching experience less painful and more efficient for the educator.
Brought to you by the KidsEnglishCollege™ Editorial Team.
Check out our English Short Story Collection & our Teaching Aids/Resources.
....................More KidsEnglishCollege™ Articles
Adverbials & Adjuncts
Words A Child Should Know By 2
Words A Child Should Know Before Kindergarten
Words A 3 Year Old Should Know
What Should My Child Know Before Preschool ?